Fourth and fifth grade students will begin “suiting out” for their PE class.
Shoes and Socks
- All students are to wear athletic shoes appropriate for participating in PE and playing outside at recess.
- Plain navy blue or white matching socks must be worn with shoes. Socks may be any length. Girls may wear plain navy blue or white tights or leggings with skirts, Skorts and jumpers.
Jumper, Skirt, Skort, Pants and Shorts
- Jumper: Three-year-olds through Fifth grade girls wear the school plaid jumper. Navy blue shorts can be worn underneath jumper, which should not be any shorter than two inches above the top of the knee cap.
- Skirt: Sixth-Eighth grade girls wear the school plaid skirt. The skirt must fit at the waist and should not be any shorter than two inches above the top of the kneecap.
- Navy blue skort: Three-year-olds through Eighth grade girls may wear a navy blue skort - plain or pleated front panel. Skort may not be any shorter than two inches above the top of the kneecap. Skorts purchased elsewhere must be similar in style and length.
- Pants and Shorts: All students may wear navy blue cotton twill “Docker” style pants or walking shorts - pleated or flat front which fit at the waist. Low rise pants or shorts are not acceptable. All pants and shorts not purchased through the uniform store must be similar in style to those sold at Dennis Uniform.
- Fourth through eighth grade students must wear plain black, brown or navy blue belts with pants or shorts that have belt loops.
- Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts that have been manufactured with belt loops.
- Belts and belt buckles must be plain, with no designs or embellishments.
- Red or white polo style shirts with the St. Clement’s School logo, small logos which are approximately two inches or less or plain. Polo style shirts may be short or long sleeved.
- Shirts must be worn tucked in (3rd-8th grade) and should fit students properly.
- Shirts with the St. Clement’s School logo may be purchased from the Wildcat Shop.
- Plain white or navy blue t-shirts or turtlenecks may be worn under any uniform shirt.
Sweaters, Sweatshirts, Vests, Jackets
- Sweaters: Solid navy blue sweaters may be worn over uniform shirts. Cardigan, crew neck, V-neck and vests are all acceptable styles. Sweaters purchased elsewhere must be similarly styled.
- Sweatshirt: Any Wildcat sweatshirt may be worn over uniform shirts. Plain, solid navy blue sweatshirts may also be worn over uniform shirts. No other colors, styles, logos or affiliations will be allowed to be worn as part of the uniform.
- Vests: Blue fleece vests with the St. Clement’s School logo may be worn over uniform shirts. These vests are available through the Wildcat Shop.
- Jackets: Although there are not specific requirements regarding jackets, conservative styles and school colors are preferable.
- Girls are required to wear their hair neatly combed. Hair must be worn away from the face; eyes must be fully visible.
- Girls may wear simple hair accessories.
- Boys are required to wear their hair cut short. Eyes, ears and the top of the shirt collar must be fully vis-ible. The volume of hair must be kept to a reasonably minimum length
- Hair must be natural in color.
- Girls only may wear small earrings in their ears. Large dangling earrings, multiple piercing and piercing in areas of the body other than ears is not allowed.
- Boys may not wear earrings or have any type of piercing whatsoever. The amount of jewelry worn, including necklaces and bracelets, should be kept to a minimum.
Physical Education Uniform:
All students in fourth through eighth grades are required to suit out for physical education classes. All students must wear the following:
- A red St. Clement’s School physical education t-shirt.*
- The St. Clement’s School physical education navy blue gym shorts.*
- Navy blue or white socks.
- Sturdy athletic shoes.
- *T-shirts and shorts must be purchased from the Wildcat Shop.
Team/Club Shirts: Special shirts, which represent School athletics, organizations, or special activities, must adhere to the school uniform colors. These shirts must be collared and worn tucked in. Students will only be allowed to wear these shirts on designated days to be determined by the organization sponsor.
School Civie Day: The following are guidelines for dress on civie days:
- Walking shorts, jeans or khakis which fit at the waist.
- Girls may wear skirts or dresses which are not shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- Appropriate t-shirts or collared shirts
- Shoes* appropriate for attire *Early childhood and lower school students must wear athletic shoes
The following items are not appropriate for school civie days:
- Tank tops, spaghetti strap tops, halter tops, tube tops, low cut tops, t-shirts displaying inappropriate lan-guage, pictures, gang affiliation, tobacco, alcoholic beverages, or illegal substances/paraphernalia
- Baggie pants, torn pants/shorts/Capri, tight pants/shorts/Capri, low rise pants/shorts/Capri, short or tight skirts/dresses, short shorts